Line Blind Valve
The SchuF Group designs and manufactures a fast, easy-to-use and safety-conscious Line Blind Valve range. They are often refered to as spectacle blinds, figure of eights, or blinding systems.
How SchuF Fetterolf Line Blind Valves work
A Line Blind Valve is permanently installed into a pipeline. The valve´s internal cam-mechanism allows to change the plate from open to closed position within a minute. As soon as the pipeline is drained the cam-mechanism can be opened by turning the screw (or hand wheel), now the spectacle plate can be turned and positioned and finally the cam-mechanism can be closed again by closing the hand wheel. For a more specific description please download our brochure.
Industry Using Line Blinding Systems
Their primary use is to completely close off the downstream portion of a pipeline in a safe way. They are frequently found in the Petrochemical, Steel, Pulp and Paper, Maritime and Oil & Refinery industries.They are often refered to as spectacle blinds, figures of eight, spectacle plates or paddle blinds.
Key Characteristics of the SchuF Cam-Set
- Absolute positive shut-off
- No spreading of pipe required
- Seal unaffected by piping misalignment
- Simple, one-man spectacle changing from one side of the line
- 316 SST as standard, other materials upon request
- Special anti-corrosive coatings such as epoxy, polyurethane and Sermetel ceramic are available if required
Sorry, there is no product in this collection